It is this website’s, and David Penny’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us, in the circumstances set out below.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, David Penny, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy.
Personal Data collected via the website davidpennywriting.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected
When you sign-up to:
- receive free content, including
eBooks, videos and offers;
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
Data that we collect automatically:
We automatically collect certain information when you visit this Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows it. Most commonly, I will use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of this website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, to deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences and may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data collected. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email email@example.com or via my postal address:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask me to delete your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data